Senior legal counsel
з/п не указана
Вакансия в архиве
Работодатель, вероятно, уже нашел нужного кандидата и больше не принимает отклики на эту вакансию
An international production company with B2B sales.
We are looking for an individual to serve as the key legal and compliance business partner for the Russia/CIS operations of international manufacturing company. The Russia/CIS business presently consists of three legal entities (Russia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan) and a representative office (Belarus).
Specific deliverables/accountabilities for the Senior Legal Counsel role:
- As a member of senior management team, display the leadership skills and executive presence of a professional;
- Commercially oriented legal person who will support the business in its turnaround efforts and act as a true business partner;
- Have an investigative focus and the confidence to navigate complex situations, address difficult matters, communicate clearly and pursue difficult issues with resourcefulness, optimism and clarity;
- Have a strong drive to help set the tone for corporate compliance and demonstrate a solid knowledge of all principal components of a global corporate governance framework, including anti-bribery, conflict of interest and corruption, competition law, data privacy and international trade compliance and support the business in complying with corporate governance policies and local regulations;
- Be responsible for development, implementation and managing a comprehensive compliance program, incorporation of global compliance initiatives and the external CIS environment’s requirements;
- Drive training and awareness around compliance and corporate governance in the organization, initiate and manage investigations of any infringements or wrongdoings;
- Work with key stakeholders to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls, policies and procedures;
- As a strategic partner to the business, have experience as lead counsel in drafting and negotiating a variety of significant and complex transactions;
- Contracts: pre-contractual negotiations, drafting and negotiating contracts (including bilingual international contracts), updating standard templates, legal expertise of external contracts;
- Have experience managing outside counsel and budgets; ability to work as part of a regional team as well as part of a global enterprise;
- Work with procurement to review and assess procurement policies and procedures, the contract process, including development of standard purchase agreements for goods and services; review and assess the approach to the selection of suppliers, with specific emphasis on conducting due diligence on suppliers and advice and train stakeholders regarding same supplier rationalization; participate in tenders as a member of a tender committee;
- Advise all departments (customer desk, marketing, logistics, HR, communications, bookkeeping, administrative, etc) on legal norms, restrictions, and policies;
- Manage legal overall budget, including the approach to and use of external legal counsel, control legal spend and advise stakeholders of approach;
- Manage ongoing litigation matters (in different jurisdictions), liaising with external counsels, out of court amicable settlement of disputes;
- Support to sales teams around management of collections; in particular long-outstanding debts;
- Legal support for bankruptcies and liquidations (at customer end) – protecting our rights as (often the largest) creditor;
- Corporate law issues: keeping statutory documents in compliance with the effective legislations, drafting resolutions of the sole shareholder on different matters, legal expertise of internal rulings;
- Representation of the company during inspections by state bodies (customs, labour, emergencies, etc).
- 5-7 years of business law experience at in-house legal department of a multi-national corporation or in a prominent law firm.
- Previous experience in identifying and resolving legal issues quickly and effectively and ability to make on the spot risk calls.
- Previous experience prioritizing conflicting demands from multiple business clients in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Good commercial awareness and a pragmatic, solutions-oriented, point of view.
- High level of business and personal ethics.
- Moscow region, north, 10 km from MKAD
- High salary and good social package
- International corporate environment